The builders also make enormous profits by deceiving the buyers. Buyers must deal with the effects of the builders’ illegal behavior. For instance, Bangalore City Corporation, Bruhat Bangalore MahanagaraPalike (BBMP), served DLF with a public notice for failing to secure the required clearing permissions, such as environmental, power, etc. Its main victims were the purchasers, who had already made financial commitments. Real estate agents and builders are the subject of complaints under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016, or RERA. Every real estate project must be registered with the RERA of its relevant state if it involves the development of more than eight flats or a total area of more than 500 square metres. Existing projects that do not yet have a completion certificate (CC) or occupancy certificate (OC) must also abide by the Act’s registration criteria.
In the event that the builder provided you with subpar services regarding any of the following, you may register a complaint:
1) The builder charged more than the agreed-upon amount.
2) The builder failed to provide a receipt for the payment.
3) The construction was of inferior quality.
4) The home the builder produced did not meet the predetermined requirements.
5) There was no free parking within the complex or compound.
6) Give the cooperative housing society to its members rather than forming it.
No water storage tank was provided.
8) There was insufficient lighting and ventilation.
How to File a Complaint Against a Builder:
You can speak with the builder directly to resolve any issues. Most builders today are customer-focused and would gladly comply with the customer’s request or provide compensation if necessary because the caveat vendor rule is widely used in the market. The buyer’s first line of defence is to write to the builder’s company’s grievance cell and request that their grievance be addressed.
The CREDAI Chapter in the city with the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum might be contacted to address the complaint if the developer is a CREDAI member and is refusing to cooperate. Via the website http://credai.org/register-your-complaint, you can lodge a grievance against the function Object() [native code]. After they receive the complaint, they assign it a serial number and send a copy to the member who is the target of the complaint.
The member in question is obligated to respond to the complaint after receiving it within a certain amount of time. If the builder doesn’t respond, the buyer must inform the Grievance Committee so that the necessary action can be taken. The committee also notifies the complainant of the builder’s message, and he has seven working days to respond. If the committee determines it is essential, it may also direct one of its members to conduct the inspection at the problem location. If the complainant is not pleased with the buyer’s response, they must let the committee know. The committee will then meet with both parties to try and reach an agreement on a solution that will put an end to the dispute.
How to file under RERA: –
- By selecting the link for complaint registration on the state’s official RERA website, a complaint must be registered.
- After clicking the link, a page asking for various information regarding the complaint is displayed. For instance, the complainant and respondent’s names, addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information are included in the first paragraph.
- In addition, the complaint’s supporting documents, such as property records and payment receipts, are requested, along with verification information on the registered project.
- Thereafter, just like in a lawsuit, the facts and the remedies sought must be described in detail along with a summary of the case.
- A payment method will display at the end if all the details requested during form submission have been completed. Once the payment has been made, the complaint will be lodged, and a potential appearance date will be given. If the committee determines it is essential, it may also direct one of its members to conduct the inspection at the problem location.
If the complainant is not pleased with the buyer’s response, they must let the committee know. The committee will then meet with both parties to try and reach an agreement on a solution that will put an end to the dispute.
Real estate fraud is a major problem in India, and buyers often fall victim to builders’ illegal practices. However, there are legal provisions in place that buyers can use to protect their interests. This article provides a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint against a builder in India. Whether you’re dealing with issues like subpar construction, overcharging, or lack of basic amenities, this guide will help you take the necessary steps to get justice.